Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 1 hour
- 3-4 big onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 5 cups beef bullion (I use the cubes)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons Worcester Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the onions thin and place into a skillet with 1/4 cup butter.
- Sprinkle sugar and salt onto the onions.
- Saute for 40-50 minutes, stirring every 3-5 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking, combine the onion soup mix, beef bullion, water, and Worchester sauce and begin to heat.
- An additional 1-2 Tablespoons water may need to be added if the onions begin to get too crispy.
- Cook onions until brown/caramelized.
- Add onions to the broth and boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with or without cheese and bread that has been placed onto the soup and broiled until cheese in brown.