Pico de Gallo
• 2 large plum tomatoes -diced
• 1/2 medium white onion -diced
• 1/8 cup finely diced cilantro (more if you desire)
• chopped jalapeños (varies depending on the taste…I do 1-2 Tablespoon jarred jalapenos)
• 2-4 Tablespoons lime juice (I used the bottled stuff)
• 1-2 Tablespoons kosher salt, more to taste
Allow the flavors to develop at room temperature
I love pizza. I will eat it anytime of the day, however my family does get sick of eating it. To assist with my craving, I attempted this recipe….which I do have to say was good. Feel free to adjust the ingredients to your liking.
Cook time: 20 minutes plus prep time Yield: 6 servings
- 1 small can mushrooms, diced smaller if you like
- 1/2 c onions, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 c water
- 1 can (14 oz to 15 oz) pizza sauce
- 1/2 c pepperoni**
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 c italian sausage, cooked***
- Garlic salt to taste
- Shredded cheese
- Saute veggies in frying pan with 1-2 T water for 5 min.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the cheese into a large pan.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Garnish with Shredded Cheese before serving.
** To decrease fat and calories, place pepperoni on papertowels and microwave 20-25 seconds. Blot additional fat off. You will still have great flavor without all of the grease.
***To decrease the fat and calories from the italian sausage, after it has been cooked, rinse in colander with hot water to remove excess grease.