Preheat grill to 350-400.
- Sub Buns
- Meat of your choice (ham, turkey, pepperoni, salami, roast beef, etc)
- Cheese of your choice (colby jack, pepper jack, mozzarella, etc)
- Extras, such as jalapenos, banana peppers, onions, etc.
- Olive Garden Salad dressing
Cut buns in half. Drizzle 1-2 Tablespoons of the Olive Garden dressing on each of the insides of the sub bun. Add cheese to both sides of the buns, then add the meat and extras of your choosing. Wrap tightly in tinfoil. Grill on indirect heat for about 20 minutes.
Note: My favorite is colby jack cheese, pepper jack cheese, salami, ham, turkey, pepperoni with lots of onions and banana peppers.
Almost everyone I know has experienced their potatoes growing “eyes” or sprouts. So what do you do with them without throwing them away? I was able to teach my mom this trick as well…..
Take the sprouts off the potatoes and bake in the oven at 350 for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool. Peel off the peelings and shred the potatoes with either a salad shooter or cheese grater. Then measure out desired amount (I generally do 4 cups per bag) and put in freezer bag. Freeze until ready to use. Cook the hashbrowns on the stove like you would the store-bought kind. You can also use them in breakfast casseroles or the overnight egg bake that I have posted here.
What to do with leftover chicken is the question that I have quite often. This recipe is a quick fix for both time as well as using ingredients that most people have on hand. Please note that you can also add sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc when it is done baking. Another lesson learned: do not use the hot Rotel unless you like to burn your taste buds or can stand the heat….mild Rotel should be spicy enough for most people.
Oven: 350 Bake Time: 40 min Yield: 6-9 servings
- 3 c cooked chopped chicken
- 1 c instant rice (uncooked)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and chiles, undrained
- 1 T Taco seasoning
- 2 T milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips or Doritos
- Combine chicken, rice, soup, Rotel, seasoning, milk and 1 1/2 cups of cheese
- Pour into a lightly greased 9×9 pan.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top casserole with crushed chips and remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Special thanks to Plain Chicken for the recipe.