I realize that I have not been blogging much lately. Part of the reason is I have been getting healthier in the last few months. This includes losing almost 40 pounds, exercising 6 days a week, and watching what I eat. This includes not having many sweets in the house!
This recipe I have made numerous times before—full fat version. This is a lighter version with 110 calories and 4 grams fat (per recipe builder on myfitnesspal.com).
Oven: 350 Bake Time: 20-25 min Yield: 9X13 (about 32 bars)
- 1 ¼ c brown sugar
- ¼ c butter
- ¼ c apple sauce
- 4 T milk
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ c flour
- ¾ t baking soda
- ¾ c mini chocolate chips
- ¼ c Heath Toffee Bits
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 9X13 pan.
- In large bowl, add brown sugar, butter, apple sauce, mile and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer.
- Add egg, beat well.
- Add flour and baking soda to the mixture.
- Beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Press dough evenly onto bottom of sprayed pan
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. (do not overbake). It will be puffed up in the oven, but when you take it out to put on cooling rack, it will fall.