What I thought was going to be a lazy Sunday, turned into a busy busy day. That is part of the reason there is no picutre for this recipe (as well as I don’t take very good pictures). I knew I wanted to make something sweet, and stumbled upon this recipe from sixsistersstuff.com. As ususal, I did some changes, but they were not very big at all.
I do want to warn you that these are SUPER sweet and the next time I won’t be putting the frosting on. But for those of you that like or need more sugar….go ahead and add it.
Oven: 350 Bake Time: 30 min Yield: 9 x 9
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/8 c rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles for the top
- Frosting (see recipe below)
- Combine the cake mix, oil, and egg in a large bowl.
- Add the milk slowly – you want the batter to remain as dense as possible.
- Then mix in the rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips.
- Spray pan (9×9″ pan) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dump batter in pan and spread to the edges.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. (They will be a little soft/gooey in the middle- let sit for about 20-30 minutes and they will set up.)
- Frost when cooled (Note: Optional).
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 2-3 T milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 c powdered sugar (more or less depending on how thick/runny you like it)
- 3-4 drops food coloring to get desired color
Combine all ingredients until well-blended. Spread on top of blondies.