As I have stated in past blogs, I LOVE carbs! So what can get better than this? Umm…..nothing!
Oven: 400 Bake Time: 15 min Yield: 10-12 breadsticks
- 1 1/2 c warm water (between 110 – 120 degrees F)
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 2 T butter, melted
- 2 T sugar
- 1 T salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes, covered. Mixture should be frothy.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add to yeast mixture. Add melted butter. Mix with paddle attachment of stand mixer or wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Knead dough for a few minutes just until dough is smooth. Do not overknead!
- Grease a cookie sheet. Pull off pieces of dough and roll out into strips.
- Depending on the thickness, you will end up with 10-12 breadsticks.
- Cover the dough and let sit in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and once heated, pop in the bread sticks.
In microwave, combine the following:
- 3/4 stick butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- After 6 or 7 minutes, brush the bread sticks with half the butter mixture.
- Continue to bake for no more than 15 minutes.
- Immediately upon removal from the oven brush the other half of the butter on the sticks.
- Allow them to cool for a minute or two, and enjoy!
Special Thanks to Fullbellies for this recipe…adapted slightly.