For a fundraiser at my son’s school, they hold a cake walk every year during the haunted house and carnival. I would have felt super guilty buying a cake, so I attempted to make a festive cake. For the colors, I used orange and purple along with the white. I was unable to take a picture of the inside because I thought it would be best to give it to someone else whole vs. cutting a slice out of it 😮 So I took a picture before I frosted it as well as after. I hope the first picuture gives you the idea of what it turned out like.
Oven: 325 Bake Time: as directed
- 1 box white cake mix
- Water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Food coloring
- 1 can white frosting
- Preheat oven to 325
- Generously grease bundt tube pan.
- Make cake mix as directed on box.
- Divide cake mix into 3 separate bowls.
- Add food coloring of your liking to each bowl.
- Pour the first color in the pan.
- Carefully pour the next color and then the last. Be careful not to stir.
- Bake as directed on box. Cool 5 minutes.
- Turn pan upside down onto cooling rack. Cool completely
- Once cake is cooled, equally divide frosting into 3 bowls. Use food coloring again to make desired colors.
- Microwave each bowl of frosting for a few seconds on high until it is smooth enough drizzle over the cake.
- Set cake aside to dry….store loosely covered.