For my niece’s wedding reception, I made some tried and true bar recipes. But I also tried this new one, which uses a cake mix and other ingredients that I had on hand. Plus peanut butter and chocolate combined….a person can’t go wrong!
Oven: 325 Bake Time: 20-25 Min Yield: 9X13 pan
- 1 (18.25) yellow cake mix
- ½ c butter, melted
- 1 c creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 T butter
- 2 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325
- Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter and eggs.
- Press into 9×13 pan, reserving 1 ½ c of the mixture to crumble on top.
- In small pot, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla
- Spread chocolate mixture over the cake mixture pressed in the pan.
- Crumble the 1 ½ c reserved cake mixture on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.