With Halloween right around the corner, there may be extra candy bars that you want to get rid of. And most families like caramel rolls, so I decided to combine the two to make one great breakfast.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, slightly thawed
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c ice cream
- 1 stick butter
- 12 mini candy bars
- Combine brown sugar, ice cream and butter in a small pan.
- Bring to a boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut loaf into 12 pieces.
- Flatten dough and put 1 candy bar in each.
- Make sure to press together dough to ensure the candy bar does not ooze out.
- Put each dough ball into a greased muffin pan.
- Pour caramel over the dough.
- Let rise, until almost double in size. (You can put in the fridge overnight and take them out in the morning as well-Just take out 15 minutes prior to baking)
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Place rolls in pan and drizzle remaining caramel from the muffin pan over the top.
***HINT: To ensure a clean oven, place muffin tin on a cookie sheet or you will have caramel all over the bottom of your oven.