I love pizza. I will eat it anytime of the day, however my family does get sick of eating it. To assist with my craving, I attempted this recipe….which I do have to say was good. Feel free to adjust the ingredients to your liking.
Cook time: 20 minutes plus prep time Yield: 6 servings
- 1 small can mushrooms, diced smaller if you like
- 1/2 c onions, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 c water
- 1 can (14 oz to 15 oz) pizza sauce
- 1/2 c pepperoni**
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 c italian sausage, cooked***
- Garlic salt to taste
- Shredded cheese
- Saute veggies in frying pan with 1-2 T water for 5 min.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the cheese into a large pan.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Garnish with Shredded Cheese before serving.
***To decrease the fat and calories from the italian sausage, after it has been cooked, rinse in colander with hot water to remove excess grease.