I love chocolate. My youngest loves chocolate. So what can be better than chocolate? How about double chocolate! Please proceed with caution….if you eat too much of either one or even just do the “tasting”, you are sure to need a large glass of water or milk to help your stomach recover. I decided that the muffins would be a good, health snack for the boys since it has bananas and applesauce in them. However it only called for ½ c of white chocolate chips. Instead of putting the rest of the chips back in the freezer, I decided to use the rest to make cookies.
Chocolate White Chocolate Banana Muffins
Oven: 325 Cook Time: 30 minutes Yield 1 doz
- 2 T butter, softened
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ t vanilla
- ¼ c apple sauce
- 3 ½ ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 ¼ c flour
- 3/4 t baking soda
- ¼ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ c white chocolate chips (can also use chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line muffin tins with liners or spray with cooking spray
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar
- Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce, and vanilla and beat until thick.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and blend at low speed until combined. DO NOT over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour ¼ c batter (or so) into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- OPTIONAL: Top with glaze by combining 2 T powdered sugar with ½ t water.
Thanks to skinnygirl.com for this great recipe!
White Chip Chocolate Cookies
Oven: 350 Bake Time: 10 minutes Yield: 4 ½ doz
- 1 c butter, softened
- 2 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 c flour
- ¾ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 ½-2 c White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- Gradually beat into butter mixture.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes (do not over bake).
Thanks to Hershey for the recipe.