Who can go wrong when a recipe calls for peanut butter, chocolate and oatmeal….that means it healthy right? I would say so because oatmeal helps with blood pressure and cholesterol. Peanut butter is protein and studies show that chocolate is supposed to help with living longer….so one could argue that this recipe is healthy.
Oven: 350 Cook Time: 11-13 minutes Yield: 36 or more
- 4 c quick oatmeal
- 2/3 c butter
- ½ c light corn syrup
- 1 c brown sugar
- 3 t vanilla
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 2/3 c peanut butter (smooth not chunky)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter, syrup, sugar and vanilla over low heat.
- Add oatmeal and stir until fully incorporated.
- Press firmly into greased 9 x 13 pan. (Either wet hands to press firmly or wet bottom of measuring cup and press firmly).
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- While bars cool, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter.
- Spread over bars and let cool. (To ensure setting of the frosting I put in the fridge)