Last weekend I made baked pumpkin french toast, which did not use the whole can of pumpkin. This recipe uses the rest….please enjoy. For great tips on how to make successful muffins, please see the tips section or click here.
Oven: 350 Bake Time: 25-30 Minutes Yield: 1 dozen
- 1-3/4 c flour
- 1 c sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 2 t pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c canned pumpkin
- 1/2 c oil
- 3 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 c butter (can use shortening)
- Confectioners’ sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar and pie spice; cut in shortening until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired.