With chilly nights fast approaching, what better time to snuggle in with movies, loved ones and of course popcorn! The first recipe is quick and very sweet. Thank goodness it makes a very small batch.
Microwave Caramel Popcorn
Microwave: High Bake Time: popcorn 1:30-2:15 min; caramel 1:15 min
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 c mini marshmallows
- ½ c light brown sugar
- 3 T butter
Combine marshmallows, brown sugar and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave 45 more seconds, or until all is melted. Pour over popcorn and stir well.
The next recipe I use all year round. Depending on the next approaching holiday or by request of the boys, I have done numerous different colors. The request for this particular batch was pink. This recipe is sweet as well, but not overly sweet like the one listed above.
- 3 bags microwave popcorn, popped
- 5 T butter
- 1 c sugar
- 6 T light corn syrup
- 1 t vanilla
- Food coloring
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar and corn syrup and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and food coloring of your choice. Pour over popcorn and stir to coat.
- Spread onto cookie sheets or in 2 cake pans.
- Cook in 250 oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Make sure to cool on wax paper or tin foil and not in the pans as you will have popcorn that is stuck to the pan and breaks into many pieces when you remove.
- Store in airtight container.
This last recipe is for all of those peanut butter lovers. I apologize that I don’t have a picture, but you can use your imagination on this one.
Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 2 bags microwave popcorn, popped
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1/2 t vanilla
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and honey. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add vanilla.
- Pour peanut butter syrup over popcorn and stir to coat.
- Spread out on to a cookie sheet to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
~Thanks to Real Mom Kitchen at www.realmomkitchen.com